"The Doctor"
Couch-Dweller
“We have a different relationship that doesn’t include the negativity that you have projected. Since I am your doctor and your therapist, there is a two-fold collaboration we have to agree on. You are okay with agreeing with me sometimes, right?”’
“I have more candy, and you should feel free to help yourself. I am sure you noticed the candy as soon as you walked in.”
“Maybe that is where I went wrong. Maybe I should have pried more.”
Don’t be so hard on yourself. I would have lied about this anyway.
“… Good to know. Dishonesty is rarely represented so bluntly.”
I respect you enough to tell you the truth.
“Unless I ask for it apparently.”
Well yeah, not then.
“We have a different relationship that doesn’t include the negativity that you have projected. Since I am your doctor and your therapist, there is a two-fold collaboration we have to agree on. You are okay with agreeing with me sometimes, right?”’
Is that seriously a question?
“Does that mean you don’t agree with the fact that I asked it?"
What?
“I forget.”
“I forget.”
“I seem to recall you said once that you can sleep like a koala.”
Stunned, I find an unwelcome smile begin to pull at my face. Of course I remember- that was the very first meeting. Never did it occur to me that the Doctor might have committed such a petty and passing interaction to memory. You have an absolutely fascinating memory.
“It is a human tendency to remember odd or out of the ordinary things. That was a very unique statement; I have never heard of anyone referring to their sleeping habits by comparing them to a koala.”
“It is a human tendency to remember odd or out of the ordinary things. That was a very unique statement; I have never heard of anyone referring to their sleeping habits by comparing them to a koala.”
“So your blog: rainbows, paperclips and rainbow paperclips. There were a few things to discuss.”
You have mentioned paperclips and rainbows each time you have mentioned the blog. Are you upset?
“No. I have been told in the past that I have a bad habit of fiddling with paperclips.”
In an attempt to lessen how awkward this seems, I did not make any of them. They were all found.
“There is no awkwardness.”
The Doctor said awkwardly.“I have more candy, and you should feel free to help yourself. I am sure you noticed the candy as soon as you walked in.”
Yes. They are quite colorful and shiny.
“Especially those green Nestle egg. Are you thinking about hurling it at my head at maximum velocity?”
Well... Now I am.
This is the sacrifice paddock.
“What is that?”
When it is really muddy in the fields you can put all of your horses in one doomed field, and just let them tear it up. The other fields get a chance to grow some grass and when the weather changes, they will have a nice clean slate.
“I need to write this down. Interesting analogy. So this is where the shit-slinging happens?"
In a sense, although I was thinking more about the mud.
“If your horses were unicorns, maybe they would poop out this rainbow glop, and that is what we are flinging around in here. Rainbow goo poop. Yes, I think that suits us quite nicely.”