Curious: Would it be considered impolite to sit on the floor today?
The Doctor: “Back in December, we had this really silly notion of meeting every other week, but that doesn't make sense since we are still making weekly progress.”
The Doctor: “Would you like anything? A snack or some tea?”
During a mindfulness exercise.
Curious: I apologize and am really, very sorry.
The Doctor: “Everyone’s first session I tell them to have a seat, and follow them in. It is an interesting sociological experiment actually. They all go to the couch and chair. No one has ever sat on the floor or in my chair.”
Curious: Do you place something on your chair to discourage selection?
The Doctor: “Nope, I just watch them pick, one by one.”
The Doctor: “Nope, I just watch them pick, one by one.”
The Doctor: “Back in December, we had this really silly notion of meeting every other week, but that doesn't make sense since we are still making weekly progress.”
Curious: Well, if it is any consolation, that is not the silliest notion that has come about since we started meeting.
The Doctor: “No.” The paperclip they twirl absentmindedly pauses, and a broad smile appears on their face. “No, I would say that it definitely isn’t.”The Doctor: “Would you like anything? A snack or some tea?”
Curious: No, thank you for the kind offer.
The Doctor: “I promise that I won’t spit in it.”
Curious: Wow. I hadn’t considered that possibility, but now I am quite sure that I do not need anything. Thank you.
The Doctor: "How does it go? ‘Roses are red, violets are purple, I don’t think you’re crazy and I don’t either.’ Something like that. I’m sorry that was a bad bad joke."
Curious: It wasn't that bad actually.
The Doctor: "Well thanks. And I don’t. Neither do I. Okay I am stopping myself now.”
The Doctor: "Exactly on time. I have noticed that our really good conversation start at the bottom of the hour."
Curious: It wasn't that bad actually.
The Doctor: "Well thanks. And I don’t. Neither do I. Okay I am stopping myself now.”
The Doctor: "Exactly on time. I have noticed that our really good conversation start at the bottom of the hour."
Curious: The left.
The Doctor: “Excuse me?”
Curious: Right now the clock-face is divided vertically, so there is a right and a left.
The Doctor: “But the bottom half is.... Hang on... Can we get back to the good conversation?”
During a mindfulness exercise.
The Doctor: “We are going to breathe in through the nose, deep inhale, and then notice how the air feels over your tongue or lips when exhaling.” If the Doctor's eyes are really closed, then they don't see that I am staring at their face while breathing as instructed
The Doctor: “Feel your stomach move when you inhale deeply through the nose... You should feel free to lean back against the couch and relax while we do this.” One eye cracks open.
Curious: I feel that freedom, thank you. I do not move an inch.
The Doctor: “Okay. Alright then." The eye closes and laughter catches their voice for a moment before continuing. "We were exhaling through the mouth....” I continue to blatantly stare at their face as I exhale.
Curious: I apologize and am really, very sorry.
The Doctor: “So you are saying you are sorry for apologizing?”
Curious: Well... yes I suppose.
The Doctor: “We have been joking around a lot today, and I don’t want you to feel that you are being laughed at rather than we are laughing together.”
Curious: I did not believe that you were laughing at me.
The Doctor: “That’s good, but I’m sorry that wasn’t mentioned earlier.”
Curious: You have nothing to apologize for.
The Doctor: “Thanks. We just had a nice moment of role reversal there, I’d just like to comment on that.”
The Doctor: “Thanks. We just had a nice moment of role reversal there, I’d just like to comment on that.”